Well, you guessed it! There was no class on 16th. Dan and I were the only ones who were not involved with vacation, hiking, long car trips, etc …
So, I held on to the activities and we did them this week. The first activity this week provoked much laughter and group interaction while the second activity was a little more introspective.
Here are the activities for this weeks workshop:
- Group Fiction Free Flow
- Everyone takes a blank sheet of paper. They write the beginning of a short story for 5 minutes. The prompt is: “You’ve left town – ditching your old, miserable life – hoping to start a new life for yourself. You’ve given yourself a new name, fake background and style. Write about your first encounter in your new town.”
- Pass the paper to your neighbor. Read what has been written and turn your paper over to signal you have finished reading.
- Continue the story for 5 more minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the story returns to the original author.
- Note: For large groups, break into smaller groups of 4 or 5.
This week’s sample is from this group writing. And will be posted shortly.
- Write following the Free Flow Guidelines. The prompt is, “Write about a time when you were lost. This can be emotionally, spiritually or literally physically lost.